ACSM's Health/Fitness Facility Standards and Guidelines, Fourth Edition, presents the current standards and guidelines that help health and fitness establishments provide high-quality service and program offerings in a safe environment. This text is based in large part on both the work that has begun through the NSF international initiative to develop industry standards to serve as the foundation for a voluntary health and fitness facility certification process and the third edition of ACSM's Health/Fitness Facility Standards and Guidelines.
The ACSM's team of experts in academic, medical, and health and fitness fields have put together an authoritative guide for facility operators and owners. By detailing these standards and guidelines and providing supplemental materials, ACSM's Health/Fitness Facility Standards andGuidelines provides a blueprint for health and fitness facilities to use in elevating the standard of care they provide their members and users as well as enhance their exercise experience.
The fourth edition includes new standards and guidelines for pre-activity screening, orientation, education, and supervision; risk management and emergency procedures; professional staff and independent contractors; facility design and construction; facility equipment; operational practices; and signage. This edition includes these updates: •Standards and guidelines aligned with the current version of the pending NSF international health and fitness facility standards •New guidelines addressing individuals with special needs •New standards and guidelines regarding automated external defibrillators (AEDs) for both staffed and unstaffed facilities •Revised standards and guidelines to reflect changing directions and business models within the industry, including 24/7 fitness facilities, medically integrated facilities, and demographic-specific facilities •New standards and guidelines to better equip facilities that are dealing with youth to ensure the proper care of this segment of the clientele With improved organization, new visual features, and additional appendixes, the fourth edition offers a comprehensive and easy-to-use reference of health and fitness facility standards and guidelines.
Readers can readily apply the information and save time and expense using over 30 templates found within the appendixes, including questionnaires, informed consent forms, and evaluation forms. Appendixes also contain more than 30 supplements, such as sample preventive maintenance schedules, checklists, and court and facility dimensions. Included in appendix A is Blueprint for Excellence, which allows readers to search efficiently for specific information regarding the standards and guidelines within the book.
Health and fitness facilities provide opportunities for individuals to become and remain physically active. As the use of exercise for health care prevention and prescription continues to gain momentum, health and fitness facilities and clubs will emerge as an integral part of the health care system. The fourth edition of ACSM's Health/Fitness Facility Standardsand Guidelines will assist health and fitness facility managers, owners, and staff in keeping to a standard of operation, client care, and service that will assist members and users in caring for their health through safe and appropriate exercise experiences.
- Höfundur: American College of Sports Medicine
- Útgáfudagur: 12/2018
- Engar takmarkanir á útprentun
- Engar takmarkanir afritun
- ISBN 13: 9781492572787
- Print ISBN: 9781492567189
- ISBN 10: 1492572780
- Title Page
- Senior Editor and Contributing Editors
- Notice and Disclaimer
- Chapter 1. Exercise Preparticipation Health Screening
- Chapter 2. Member Orientation, Education, and Supervision
- Chapter 3. Emergency Planning and Policies
- Chapter 4. Professional Staff and Independent Contractors for Health/Fitness Facilities
- Chapter 5. Health/Fitness Facility Operating Practices
- Chapter 6. Health/Fitness Facility Design and Construction
- Chapter 7. Health/Fitness Facility Equipment
- Chapter 8. Signage in Health/Fitness Facilities
- Appendix A. Blueprint for Excellence
- Appendix B. Supplemental Materials
- Appendix C. Forms
- Appendix D. Trade and Professional Associations Involved in the Health/Fitness Facility Industry
- Appendix E. About the American College of Sports Medicine
- Appendix F. About the Editors
- Appendix G. Suggested References
- Appendix H. Reviewers
UM RAFBÆKUR Á HEIMKAUP.ISBókahillan þín er þitt svæði og þar eru bækurnar þínar geymdar. Þú kemst í bókahilluna þína hvar og hvenær sem er í tölvu eða snjalltæki. Einfalt og þægilegt!
Þú kemst í bækurnar hvar sem er
Þú getur nálgast allar raf(skóla)bækurnar þínar á einu augabragði, hvar og hvenær sem er í bókahillunni þinni. Engin taska, enginn kyndill og ekkert vesen (hvað þá yfirvigt).
Auðvelt að fletta og leita
Þú getur flakkað milli síðna og kafla eins og þér hentar best og farið beint í ákveðna kafla úr efnisyfirlitinu. Í leitinni finnur þú orð, kafla eða síður í einum smelli.
Glósur og yfirstrikanir
Þú getur auðkennt textabrot með mismunandi litum og skrifað glósur að vild í rafbókina. Þú getur jafnvel séð glósur og yfirstrikanir hjá bekkjarsystkinum og kennara ef þeir leyfa það. Allt á einum stað.
Hvað viltu sjá? / Þú ræður hvernig síðan lítur út
Þú lagar síðuna að þínum þörfum. Stækkaðu eða minnkaðu myndir og texta með multi-level zoom til að sjá síðuna eins og þér hentar best í þínu námi.
Fleiri góðir kostir
- Þú getur prentað síður úr bókinni (innan þeirra marka sem útgefandinn setur)
- Möguleiki á tengingu við annað stafrænt og gagnvirkt efni, svo sem myndbönd eða spurningar úr efninu
- Auðvelt að afrita og líma efni/texta fyrir t.d. heimaverkefni eða ritgerðir
- Styður tækni sem hjálpar nemendum með sjón- eða heyrnarskerðingu