Sport marketing is more accessible than ever, with sport business professionals, companies, the media, athletes, teams, coaches, and fans connecting in new ways and with new experiences. Sport Marketing, Fifth Edition With HKPropel Access, presents a modernized, current-day approach to the dynamic industry of sport marketing. A full-color presentation brings this vibrant field to life with comprehensive coverage—balanced between theoretical and practical—to provide an understanding of the foundations of sport marketing and how to enhance the sport experience.
Building on the legacy that Bernard Mullin, Stephen Hardy, and William Sutton established in the first four editions, a new author team, handpicked by their predecessors, draw from their modern experience in the field to add a fresh perspective to this essential text. They bring the sport industry directly to the reader through extensive industry examples, interviews of top sports executives, challenging case studies, and global perspectives from teams, leagues, and other agencies around the world.
Reflecting the evolving landscape of sport marketing, the text will prepare students to stay on the leading edge with the following updates: A focus on current and emerging technologies and how they have revolutionized the sport industry—ranging from mobile video streaming and fantasy sports to artificial intelligence and virtual reality Greater emphasis on data and analytics to make more informed business decisions In-depth examination of how social media and digital platforms serve as critical communication channels to drive sport marketing strategy and execution New content on target marketing, including understanding millennial sports fans and engaging with Generation Z Updated coverage of sales processes, addressing both traditional methods and new strategies for the mobile age Discussion of modern ticketing practices and the secondary ticket market, including how leagues partner with secondary ticket providers and the impact on pricing strategies Also new to the fifth edition are related online learning aids, now delivered through HKPropel, designed to engage students and test comprehension of the material.
Exclusive video interviews with sport industry leaders offer insights into how they incorporate marketing strategies into their daily work. Discussion questions and activities for each chapter guide students to apply core concepts, and web search activities provide opportunities for students to compare strategies found on sport organization websites and other online locations. In addition, chapter objectives, an opening scenario, sidebars highlighting key concepts, and Wrap-Up, Activities, and Your Marketing Plan sections at the ends of chapters offer students additional learning tools as they explore how fans, players, coaches, the media, and companies interact to drive the sport industry.
- Höfundar: Windy Dees, Patrick Walsh, Chad D. McEvoy, Stephen McKelvey, Bernard J. Mullin, Stephen Hardy, Willi
- Útgáfudagur: 12-03-2021
- Engar takmarkanir á útprentun
- Engar takmarkanir afritun
- ISBN 13: 9781492594635
- Print ISBN: 9781492594628
- ISBN 10: 1492594636
- Title Page
- Chapter 1. The Special Nature of Sport Marketing
- Sport Marketing Then and Now
- The Sport Industry
- Sport Marketing Defined
- Marketing Myopia in Sport
- Uniqueness of Sport Marketing
- Chapter 2. Strategic Marketing Management
- Marketing Planning Process
- Strategic Step 1: Develop Vision, Mission, and Values
- Strategic Step 2: Develop Strategic Goals and Objectives
- Strategic Step 3: Develop a Ticket Marketing, Sales, and Service Plan
- Strategic Step 4: Integrate the Marketing Plan Into a Broader, Strategic Resource Allocation
- Strategic Step 5: Control and Evaluate Implementation of the Plan
- Eight-Point Ticket Marketing, Sales, and Service Plan Model
- Marketing Models
- Chapter 3. Understanding the Sport Consumer
- Socialization, Involvement, and Commitment
- External Factors
- Internal Factors
- Chapter 4. Market Research and Analytics in the Sport Industry
- Sources of Information
- Users of Market Research in Sport and Entertainment
- Application of Market Research in the Sport Industry
- Performing the Right Research
- Data Analytics
- Chapter 5. Market Segmentation and Target Marketing
- What Is Market Segmentation?
- Four Bases of Segmentation
- Target Marketing
- Chapter 6. The Sport Product
- What Is the Sport Product?
- The Sport Product: Its Core and Extensions
- Key Issues in Sport Product Strategy
- Chapter 7. Managing Sport Brands
- What Is Branding?
- Importance of Brand Equity
- Benefits of Brand Equity
- How Brand Equity Is Developed
- Leveraging Brand Equity
- Identifying and Measuring Your Brand
- Protecting the Brand
- Additional Brand Management Considerations
- Chapter 8. Promotion and Paid Media
- Promotion: The Driver to Sales
- Paid Media
- Advertising Media for Sport
- Promotional Concepts and Practices
- Promotional Components
- Ultimate Goal of Sport Marketing: Get and Keep Consumers in the Frequency Elevator
- Putting It All Together: An Integrated Promotional Model
- Chapter 9. Public Relations
- What Is Public Relations?
- Public Relations in the Sport Marketing Mix
- Sport Public Relations and Content Creation in the Digital and Social Media Age
- Public Relations, Advocacy, and the Art of Influencing Public Opinion
- Sport, Television, and Entertainment Influence on Sport Public Relations
- Chapter 10. Sponsorship, Corporate Partnerships, and the Role of Activation
- What Is Sponsorship?
- Sponsorship in the Marketing Mix
- Growth of Sponsorship
- What Does Sport Sponsorship Have to Offer?
- Corporate Objectives
- Athlete Endorsement
- Sponsor Activation
- Selling Sponsorships
- Ethical Issues in Sponsorship
- Chapter 11. Social Media in Sports
- What Is Social Media?
- Social Media and the Marketing Mix
- Building an Audience
- Engaging Fans
- Social Media Platforms
- Leveraging Players and Talent
- Chapter 12. Sales and Service
- Relationship Between Media, Sponsors, and Fans and the Sales Process
- What Is Sales?
- Database Sport Marketing and Sales
- Typical Sales Approaches Used in Sport
- Pricing Basics
- Secondary Ticket Market
- Customer Lifetime Value, Service, and Retention
- Chapter 13. Delivering and Distributing Core Products and Extensions
- Placing Core Products and Their Extensions
- Theory of Sport and Place
- Marketing Channels
- Product-Place Matrix
- Chapter 14. Legal Aspects of Sport Marketing
- Intellectual Property
- Trademark Infringement
- Copyright Law and Sport Marketing
- Sport Marketing Communications Issues
- Ambush Marketing
- Right of Publicity and Invasion of Privacy
- Contractual Issues Involving Consumers
- Promotion Law Issues
- Emerging Issues
- Chapter 15. The Evolving Nature of Sport Marketing
- Cross-Effects Among the Five Ps
- Controlling the Marketing Function
- The Shape of Things to Come
- About the Authors
UM RAFBÆKUR Á HEIMKAUP.ISBókahillan þín er þitt svæði og þar eru bækurnar þínar geymdar. Þú kemst í bókahilluna þína hvar og hvenær sem er í tölvu eða snjalltæki. Einfalt og þægilegt!
Rafbók til eignar
Rafbók til eignar þarf að hlaða niður á þau tæki sem þú vilt nota innan eins árs frá því bókin er keypt.
Þú kemst í bækurnar hvar sem er
Þú getur nálgast allar raf(skóla)bækurnar þínar á einu augabragði, hvar og hvenær sem er í bókahillunni þinni. Engin taska, enginn kyndill og ekkert vesen (hvað þá yfirvigt).
Auðvelt að fletta og leita
Þú getur flakkað milli síðna og kafla eins og þér hentar best og farið beint í ákveðna kafla úr efnisyfirlitinu. Í leitinni finnur þú orð, kafla eða síður í einum smelli.
Glósur og yfirstrikanir
Þú getur auðkennt textabrot með mismunandi litum og skrifað glósur að vild í rafbókina. Þú getur jafnvel séð glósur og yfirstrikanir hjá bekkjarsystkinum og kennara ef þeir leyfa það. Allt á einum stað.
Hvað viltu sjá? / Þú ræður hvernig síðan lítur út
Þú lagar síðuna að þínum þörfum. Stækkaðu eða minnkaðu myndir og texta með multi-level zoom til að sjá síðuna eins og þér hentar best í þínu námi.
Fleiri góðir kostir
- Þú getur prentað síður úr bókinni (innan þeirra marka sem útgefandinn setur)
- Möguleiki á tengingu við annað stafrænt og gagnvirkt efni, svo sem myndbönd eða spurningar úr efninu
- Auðvelt að afrita og líma efni/texta fyrir t.d. heimaverkefni eða ritgerðir
- Styður tækni sem hjálpar nemendum með sjón- eða heyrnarskerðingu