Stand out in one of IT's fastest growing job markets If you're looking for a job in IT, the help desk is the heart and soul of most IT operations, and an excellent starting point for a promising career. With the help of Getting an IT Help Desk Job For Dummies , you'll gain the knowledge and know-how to cut through the confusion of navigating the Information Technology job market. IT can be intimidating to hopeful-yet-inexperienced job candidates, but this guide will help you find and land the job of your dreams.
Through easy-to-follow explanations, authoritative information, and a bit of humor, Getting an IT Help Desk Job For Dummies serves as your thorough and approachable guide to maximizing your competitive edge in this booming market. The IT job market has continued to expand as technology matures and deepens its roots in business operations. This is good news for you! However, it makes it that much harder to get a job in IT, as recent grads and other professionals are practically stampeding to get their feet in the door of this rapidly expanding industry.
Luckily, Getting an IT Help Desk Job For Dummies gives you an advantage by providing expert instruction on how to score an interview and secure a job offer, the skills needed to obtain and maintain an IT position, and authoritative information on how to establish a career path in the IT field. Explore careers in the IT Help Desk field and establish the path you want to follow Plan for post-education certifications and training to make yourself more marketable Get expert guidance for creating a winning resume and cover letter Prepare for your IT Help Desk interview Loaded with simple, straight-forward advice, Getting an IT Help Desk Job For Dummies is your all-in-one guide to starting your IT career on the right foot!.
- Höfundur: Tyler Regas
- Útgáfudagur: 15-04-2015
- Hægt að prenta út 10 bls.
- Hægt að afrita 2 bls.
- ISBN 13: 9781119018971
- Print ISBN: 9781119018988
- ISBN 10: 1119018978
- About This Book
- Foolish Assumptions
- Icons Used in This Book
- Beyond This Book
- Where We Go from Here
- Part I: So You Want to Be an IT Help Desk Engineer
- Chapter 1: Embracing IT Help Desk Jobs
- What Is a Help Desk?
- Why Technical Support Matters
- Heads in the Clouds
- Why Companies Care about Technical Support
- The IT Help Desk Job Market
- Two, Two, Two Career Paths in One!
- Deciphering Job Titles
- What You’ll Need to Get an IT Help Desk Job
- Swimming in Acronym Soup
- Chapter 2: A Day in the Life of a Help Desk Engineer
- So, What’s the Plan?
- Day 1: The Systems Analyst
- Day 2: The Consulting Magician
- Day 3: The Help Desk Rep
- How’s That Sound?
- Chapter 3: Why Starting at the Help Desk Is an Awesome Choice
- What the Bureau of Labor Statistics Has to Say about All This IT Stuff
- As Entry-Level Jobs Go . . .
- Creating Opportunities
- Making an Impact
- Don’t Rock the Boat, But . . .
- Profiling for Technical Support Professionals
- Solving Support Desk Scenarios
- Branching Outside Your Comfort Zone
- Advancing from Zero to CTO
- Chapter 1: Embracing IT Help Desk Jobs
- Chapter 4: The Education and the Mindset
- Learning Your Way to Success
- Applying the Vulcan Mindset
- Chapter 5: Education and Certifications
- Researching Your Options
- Understanding the Cost of Post-Education Programs
- Facing the Regional Dilemma
- Taking It to the Internet!
- To Cert or Not to Cert
- Chapter 6: Feeding Your Inner Nerd
- Exactly How Awesome Growth Can Be
- Stay on Target for Growth!
- Online Resources
- Use the Force, Luke!
- Upward Mobility
- Chapter 7: The Consulting Nerd
- Traditional Versus Managed Services
- There Is a You in Teamwork
- Documentation: The Lifeblood of Consulting
- Finishing School for the Well-Rounded Consultant
- Chapter 8: Working for a Company
- Welcome to the Jungle
- Understanding the Concepts of Agile
- Grin and Bear It: A Pocket Guide to Workplace Personalities
- Chapter 9: The Remote Nerd
- The Disruptor Called Social Networking
- Getting to Know Your Products
- Chapter 10: Branding Yourself
- Developing Who You Are Online
- Don’t Forget to Post
- Why Do You Need This?
- Chapter 11: Creating a Winning Resume and Cover Letter
- The Dreaded Resume
- The Ultimate Template
- The Even More Dreaded Cover Letter
- Why You Should Keep Everything
- Chapter 12: Surviving the Interview
- The Big Day Has Arrived
- The Least Comfortable Chair in the World
- Ending the Interview
- Some Possible Tips and Tricks
- Chapter 13: Post-Interview Etiquette
- Managing HR Departments
- Managing Recruiters and Placement Agencies
- Chapter 14: Ten Things Not to Do
- Don’t Touch Anyone
- Don’t Yell at Anyone
- Don’t Try to Teach Customers the Technology
- Don’t Try to Do Everything Yourself
- Don’t Ignore the Forest for the Trees
- Don’t Forget to Say “I Don’t Know” When You Really Don’t Know
- Don’t Leave People Hanging
- Don’t Trash Talk Your Coworkers
- Don’t Leave Something You’ve Started Unfinished
- Don’t Make Customers Feel That They Are the Problem
- Chapter 15: Ten Books You Should Own
- Raspberry Pi For Dummies, 2nd Edition
- Windows 8.1 Bible
- On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction, 30th Edition
- Cloud Computing and Electronic Discovery
- Designing the Internet of Things
- The Innovator’s Path: How Individuals, Teams, and Organizations Can Make Innovation Business-as-Usual
- Agile Project Management For Dummies
- How to Deal with Difficult People: Smart Tactics for Overcoming the Problem People in Your Life
- The Practice of Professional Consulting
- Mindfulness Pocketbook: Little Exercises for a Calmer Life
- Chapter 16: Ten Tools You Should Own
- Malware Tools
- Disk Management Tools
- System Cleaning Tools
- Networking Tools
- Data Recovery Tools
- System Imaging Tools
- Helpful Hardware Tools
- Tool Bag Gadgets and Gear
- Random Utilities
- Other Useful Tidbits
- Chapter 17: Ten Resources You Should Use
- Other People
- Microsoft’s TechNet Community
- The Help Desk Institute
- Product Documentation
- Google and Bing Search
- Product Technical Support
- Your Own Intuition
- Community Support Forums
- Error Logs
- Error Messages
- Chapter 18: Ten Things You Should Learn
- Virtual Machine Technology
- HTML 5 and CSS 3
- Cross-Platform Domain Integration
- Linux, the Other Operating System
- Agile Project Management
- Advanced Networking and Administration
- Server Administration and Hardware
- Database Technologies
- The Seeming Impossible: Inbox Zero
- Chapter 19: Ten Things You Should Never Say During an Interview
- “I Can’t Help But Notice That You’re Wearing a Pleasant Fragrance Today. Might I Get a Closer Smell So I Might Identify It?”
- “I’ve Been Counting the Ceiling Tiles in This Office, and I’m Pretty Sure That the One in The Back Right Corner Was Placed in the Wrong Position. Would You Like Me to Fix It for You?”
- “Do You Ever Get the Feeling You’re Being Watched?”
- “You Know, I Think We Had a Great Time Today and Was Wondering If You Were Free for Dinner?”
- “Are We Done Yet?”
- “Yes, I Have Been Fired from a Job. Why? For Hitting a Coworker. Is That a Problem?”
- “That’s Very Interesting and All, But Tell Me More about the Coffee Maker”
- “Yeah, I’ve Got These Nasty Bunions on My Left Foot. Do You Have Any Remedies ’Cuz I Could Really Use One?”
- “I’ve Got Another Interview in 20 Minutes, So If We Could Wrap This Up, That Would Be Great”
- “I’m Not Really Interested in This Job, But I Could Use the Money, and I Have Some Friends Who Work Here, So It Could Be Fun for a While”
UM RAFBÆKUR Á HEIMKAUP.ISBókahillan þín er þitt svæði og þar eru bækurnar þínar geymdar. Þú kemst í bókahilluna þína hvar og hvenær sem er í tölvu eða snjalltæki. Einfalt og þægilegt!
Rafbók til eignar
Rafbók til eignar þarf að hlaða niður á þau tæki sem þú vilt nota innan eins árs frá því bókin er keypt.
Þú kemst í bækurnar hvar sem er
Þú getur nálgast allar raf(skóla)bækurnar þínar á einu augabragði, hvar og hvenær sem er í bókahillunni þinni. Engin taska, enginn kyndill og ekkert vesen (hvað þá yfirvigt).
Auðvelt að fletta og leita
Þú getur flakkað milli síðna og kafla eins og þér hentar best og farið beint í ákveðna kafla úr efnisyfirlitinu. Í leitinni finnur þú orð, kafla eða síður í einum smelli.
Glósur og yfirstrikanir
Þú getur auðkennt textabrot með mismunandi litum og skrifað glósur að vild í rafbókina. Þú getur jafnvel séð glósur og yfirstrikanir hjá bekkjarsystkinum og kennara ef þeir leyfa það. Allt á einum stað.
Hvað viltu sjá? / Þú ræður hvernig síðan lítur út
Þú lagar síðuna að þínum þörfum. Stækkaðu eða minnkaðu myndir og texta með multi-level zoom til að sjá síðuna eins og þér hentar best í þínu námi.
Fleiri góðir kostir
- Þú getur prentað síður úr bókinni (innan þeirra marka sem útgefandinn setur)
- Möguleiki á tengingu við annað stafrænt og gagnvirkt efni, svo sem myndbönd eða spurningar úr efninu
- Auðvelt að afrita og líma efni/texta fyrir t.d. heimaverkefni eða ritgerðir
- Styður tækni sem hjálpar nemendum með sjón- eða heyrnarskerðingu
- Gerð : 208
- Höfundur : 10544
- Útgáfuár : 2015
- Leyfi : 379