With content targeted specifically toward the college-age population, Fitness and Wellness: A Way of Life With Web Study Guide presents evidence-based physical and mental health guidance to point students toward healthy choices that will develop into healthy lifestyles. Authors Carol K. Armbruster, Ellen M. Evans, and Catherine M. Laughlin have more than 80 years of combined health and wellness professional experience, the majority of which has focused on the college population.
This enables them to present the material in a contemporary manner that is easily relatable and understood by students. Relevant information on topics such as cardiovascular exercise, strength training, stretching, nutrition, weight management, stress management, substance abuse and addiction, and sexual health will start students on the path to developing a healthy mind and body, which can lead to a better quality of life.
Additionally, because Fitness and Wellness: A Way of Life emphasizes behavior modification to develop desired habits, students are armed with the tools they need to make healthy lifestyle changes—for both the present and future:• A web study guide offers 48 video clips and practical learning activities to provide real-life context to the material• Behavior Check sidebars help students integrate health and wellness concepts into their daily lives• Now and Later sidebars encourage students to consider how their actions today will affect them in the future• The Functional Movement Training section shows exercises to strengthen specific muscles and explains their importance for common activities• Infographics, evidence-based tables, and figures illustrate and reinforce key concepts so they are easy to understandThe companion web study guide offers students the unique opportunity to engage directly with the content and practice the exercises and strategies presented.
Lab activities for each chapter will guide students in completing individual assessments, setting goals, and identifying the pros and cons of modifying their behavior. Video clips of 48 exercises demonstrate proper exercise technique, and additional learning activities and quizzes gauge student comprehension of the content. In addition, students will benefit from learning aids such as key terms, a glossary, and review questions for each chapter.
Instructors will benefit from an abundance of online ancillaries: a presentation package plus image bank, test package, chapter quizzes, and an instructor guide that includes chapter summaries, chapter objectives, class outlines, sample answers to the chapter review questions, and suggested class project activities. The primary goal of Fitness and Wellness: A Way of Life is to provide a personal, evidence-based tool to help students embrace living well.
- Höfundur: Carol K. Armbruster
- Útgáfudagur: 01/2019
- Engar takmarkanir á útprentun
- Engar takmarkanir afritun
- ISBN 13: 9781492572459
- Print ISBN: 9781492552666
- ISBN 10: 1492572454
- Title Page
- Features of the Web Study Guide
- Photo Credits
- 1. Staying Healthy and Well Throughout Life
- Staying Healthy Through the Life Span
- New Perspectives on Wellness
- Components of Wellness
- What Are Functional Movement and Wellness?
- 2. Functional Fitness and Movement Choices
- Understanding Physical Activity Recommendations
- Integrating Sedentarism, Physical Activity, and Exercise
- Fitting Movement Into Everyday Life
- 3. Successfully Managing Healthy Behavior Change
- Are You Ready to Change?
- Personalizing the Behavior Change Process
- Goal Setting Revisited
- Safety First: Getting Started With a Personal Movement Program
- 4. Cardiorespiratory Fitness
- Your Energy Needs: Supply and Demand
- Evaluating Your Cardiorespiratory Function
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness Benefits You
- Your Plan to Improve Cardiorespiratory Fitness
- Safety First: Getting Started With Cardiorespiratory Fitness
- 5. Muscular Fitness
- Your Body Was Designed to Move
- Key Definitions
- Assessing Muscle Capacity
- Muscular Fitness Benefits Your Daily Life
- Designing Your Program for Muscular Fitness
- Analyzing Your Fitness Choices
- Safety Issues
- 6. Flexibility, Neuromotor Fitness, and Posture
- All About Flexibility
- Mind the Stretch Reflex!
- Neuromotor Exercise and Functional Fitness
- Physiological Teamwork for Flexibility and Neuromotor Fitness
- Preventing Low Back Pain
- SPECIAL INSERT: Functional Movement Training
- Hams and Glutes
- Lower Back
- Hip Abductors
- Hip Adductors
- Chest and Front of Shoulder
- Upper Back and Shoulders
- Lats and Middle Back
- Front of Upper Arm
- Back of Upper Arm
- 7. Body Composition
- Body Composition Basics
- Assessing Body Composition
- Weight Status, Body Composition, and Your Risk of Chronic Disease
- A Healthy Body Composition Benefits You—Today and in the Future!
- Your Program for Managing Body Composition
- 8. Fundamentals of Healthy Eating
- Eating Well: Balanced and Clean
- The Many Benefits of a Healthy Diet
- Nutrition Recommendations and Resources
- 9. Weight Management
- Weight Management: Our Greatest Modern Health Challenge
- Energy Balance Math
- Weight Management Strategies
- Daily Movement Is Essential for Weight Management
- Psychological Concerns Regarding Weight Management
- When Professional Help Is Needed
- 10. Stress Management
- The Contemporary Stress Experience
- Common Stressors and Hassles of College Life
- Key Stress-Management Strategies
- Social, Stressed, and Sleepless
- 11. Remaining Free From Addiction
- Types of Addictions
- What Is Substance Abuse Addiction?
- Psychoactive Drugs
- 12. Sexuality and Health
- Sexuality as a Dimension of Health
- Reproductive System
- Contraception and Birth Control Methods
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Reducing the Risks
- Sexual Assault
- 13. Reducing the Risks for Metabolic Syndrome
- Are You at Risk for Metabolic Syndrome?
- Evaluating Your Risk for Diabetes Mellitus
- Cardiovascular Disease: Our Number One Killer
- Prevention of CVD Starts Early in Life
- 14. Reducing the Risks for Cancer
- The Nature of Cancer
- Who Gets Cancer?
- Detection, Staging, and Treatment of Cancer
- Causes of Cancer
- Most Commonly Diagnosed Cancers
- 15. Fitness and Wellness: Today and Beyond
- Living Well Over the Life Span
- Differences Between Physiological and Chronological Age
- Approaches to Medicine
- Finding Resources to Enhance Your Fitness and Wellness
- Specific Wellness Concepts and SMART Goals Revisited
- Healthy People 2030 and Beyond
- Fitness and Wellness: A Way of Life
- About the Authors
UM RAFBÆKUR Á HEIMKAUP.ISBókahillan þín er þitt svæði og þar eru bækurnar þínar geymdar. Þú kemst í bókahilluna þína hvar og hvenær sem er í tölvu eða snjalltæki. Einfalt og þægilegt!
Þú kemst í bækurnar hvar sem er
Þú getur nálgast allar raf(skóla)bækurnar þínar á einu augabragði, hvar og hvenær sem er í bókahillunni þinni. Engin taska, enginn kyndill og ekkert vesen (hvað þá yfirvigt).
Auðvelt að fletta og leita
Þú getur flakkað milli síðna og kafla eins og þér hentar best og farið beint í ákveðna kafla úr efnisyfirlitinu. Í leitinni finnur þú orð, kafla eða síður í einum smelli.
Glósur og yfirstrikanir
Þú getur auðkennt textabrot með mismunandi litum og skrifað glósur að vild í rafbókina. Þú getur jafnvel séð glósur og yfirstrikanir hjá bekkjarsystkinum og kennara ef þeir leyfa það. Allt á einum stað.
Hvað viltu sjá? / Þú ræður hvernig síðan lítur út
Þú lagar síðuna að þínum þörfum. Stækkaðu eða minnkaðu myndir og texta með multi-level zoom til að sjá síðuna eins og þér hentar best í þínu námi.
Fleiri góðir kostir
- Þú getur prentað síður úr bókinni (innan þeirra marka sem útgefandinn setur)
- Möguleiki á tengingu við annað stafrænt og gagnvirkt efni, svo sem myndbönd eða spurningar úr efninu
- Auðvelt að afrita og líma efni/texta fyrir t.d. heimaverkefni eða ritgerðir
- Styður tækni sem hjálpar nemendum með sjón- eða heyrnarskerðingu