In its journey from the margins to the mainstream, corporate social responsibility has become a significant part of the business agenda. Whilst society has always held expectations of business that go beyond maximising profits, the backdrop against which businesses now operate - characterised by financial crisis, climate change, political shifts, and population growth - has seen CSR become increasingly central to the ability of businesses to address global concerns.
How businesses manage the requirements of the 2016 Paris Agreement, implications of the growing 'gig economy', and the increasing importance of a CSR brand are just some of the contemporary issues explored in this fourth edition. The engaging, accessible style supports a critical perspective, while a forward-thinking outlook encourages you to consider how the interactions of business and society will continue to evolve.
How emerging business models, such as Uber, are governed; why Pakistan's football manufacturing industry takes an interest in its workers' sexual health; and what it takes to establish the Global Business Coalition for Women's Economic Empowerment are just some of the new case studies that illustrate the book's global reach. With more cases and examples than any other CSR textbook, initiatives as well as failures are explored in real businesses contexts, bringing the book's comprehensive coverage to life.
This book is supported by online resources. For students: Additional case study sources - useful links for where to source further case studies and examples. Further reading - a comprehensive list of research to aid research. Suggested films - a list of films that illustrate issues relevant to CSR managers. Sources on regulations and governance - links to important legislation and guidelines affecting CSR Web exercises - links to relevant websites direct you to valuable sources of information.
- Höfundar: Michael Blowfield, Alan Murray
- Útgáfudagur: 20190221
- Hægt að prenta út 2 bls.
- Hægt að afrita 2 bls.
- ISBN 13: 9780192523068
- Print ISBN: 9780198797753
- ISBN 10: 0192523066
- Title Page
- Detailed contents
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Boxes
- List of Snapshots
- List of Case Studies
- List of Abbreviations
- How to use this Book
- How to use the Online Resources
- Part 1 The meaning and origins of corporate social responsibility
- 1 Introducing corporate social responsibility
- Why CSR?
- Definitions of CSR
- Corporate governance
- A framework for understanding CSR
- Values motivation
- Limitations of CSR frameworks
- 2 The origins of corporate social responsibility
- Three eras of responsibility
- Theories of CSR
- 3 Sustainable development
- Meanings of ‘sustainability’ and ‘sustainable development’
- Climate change and global warming—a case of business and sustainable development
- The challenge to business
- Capital markets and sustainable development
- Signals to the market
- Rewarding financial intermediaries
- 4 Corporate social responsibility in developing economies
- Development agent or development tool?
- A brief history of business as development agent
- Theories of development
- The business–poverty framework
- Business as a cause of poverty
- Business as poverty’s victim
- Business as a solution
- Assessing the business response
- 5 Globalization and corporate social responsibility
- Globalization and CSR
- The meaning of ‘globalization’
- Influence of globalization on business
- CSR as a response to globalization
- Unmet challenges
- 1 Introducing corporate social responsibility
- 6 How corporate social responsibility is managed
- Understanding what companies want from CSR
- Qualities of good CSR management
- Structuring the CSR function
- CSR as strategy
- The business case for CSR
- 7 Corporate social responsibility and governance
- Theories of corporate governance
- The ‘drivers’ of corporate governance reform
- The development of the UK corporate governance framework
- International developments in corporate governance
- Commentary from a CSR perspective
- 8 Corporate social responsibility reporting
- What is CSR reporting?
- The nature of CSR reporting
- The challenges of CSR reporting
- The emergence of CSR reporting
- The upsurge in CSR reporting since the early 1990s
- Researching the practice of CSR reporting—KPMG surveys
- Conventional financial reporting and CSR reporting
- Reporting issues for corporate management
- 9 Stakeholder management and engagement
- Meaning and origins of stakeholder
- CSR standards
- Stakeholder consensus: deviance and uniformity
- Government and governance
- 10 Socially responsible investment
- The problems of mainstream investment
- The origins and development of SRI
- Sustainable investing
- Types of SRI analysis and practice
- Other SRI approaches
- SRI performance
- SRI index performance
- SRI fund performance
- Market growth
- Trends in SRI
- 11 Corporate social responsibility in smaller enterprises
- The small business ‘problem’
- The meaning and significance of smaller business
- Local, national, and regional differences between SMEs
- SMEs as society members
- SME perspectives on CSR
- Responsibility issues for SMEs
- SMEs and CSR management
- Social enterprise
- Meanings of social enterprise
- Why now?
- 12 The impact of corporate social responsibility
- Understanding impact
- Different dimensions of the impact of CSR
- The challenges of determining impact
- 13 Criticisms of corporate social responsibility
- Introducing critiques of CSR
- ‘CSR is anti-business’
- ‘CSR is pro-business’
- ‘The scope of CSR is too narrow’
- ‘CSR fails to achieve its goals’
- 14 The future of corporate social responsibility
- How business is changing
- Are we seeing genuine change?
UM RAFBÆKUR Á HEIMKAUP.ISBókahillan þín er þitt svæði og þar eru bækurnar þínar geymdar. Þú kemst í bókahilluna þína hvar og hvenær sem er í tölvu eða snjalltæki. Einfalt og þægilegt!
Þú kemst í bækurnar hvar sem er
Þú getur nálgast allar raf(skóla)bækurnar þínar á einu augabragði, hvar og hvenær sem er í bókahillunni þinni. Engin taska, enginn kyndill og ekkert vesen (hvað þá yfirvigt).
Auðvelt að fletta og leita
Þú getur flakkað milli síðna og kafla eins og þér hentar best og farið beint í ákveðna kafla úr efnisyfirlitinu. Í leitinni finnur þú orð, kafla eða síður í einum smelli.
Glósur og yfirstrikanir
Þú getur auðkennt textabrot með mismunandi litum og skrifað glósur að vild í rafbókina. Þú getur jafnvel séð glósur og yfirstrikanir hjá bekkjarsystkinum og kennara ef þeir leyfa það. Allt á einum stað.
Hvað viltu sjá? / Þú ræður hvernig síðan lítur út
Þú lagar síðuna að þínum þörfum. Stækkaðu eða minnkaðu myndir og texta með multi-level zoom til að sjá síðuna eins og þér hentar best í þínu námi.
Fleiri góðir kostir
- Þú getur prentað síður úr bókinni (innan þeirra marka sem útgefandinn setur)
- Möguleiki á tengingu við annað stafrænt og gagnvirkt efni, svo sem myndbönd eða spurningar úr efninu
- Auðvelt að afrita og líma efni/texta fyrir t.d. heimaverkefni eða ritgerðir
- Styður tækni sem hjálpar nemendum með sjón- eða heyrnarskerðingu